PSREC’s New Outage Notification System
Plumas-Sierra Rural Electric Cooperative is excited to share its new outage notification system with members.
Members can now receive localized outage notifications specific to their service location and report power outages. If you don’t already have one, you will need to create a SmartHub account and choose how you would like to receive notifications. SmartHub is also available as an app for your Apple and Android devices.
Once you have signed up to receive alerts, you can receive an email and/or text to notify you of outages affecting your location and when power has been restored. SmartHub is also the best place to get the most up-to-date information on power outages.
Members can add more than one phone number or email per account.
If you are currently signed up to receive text notifications, you will still need to log into your SmartHub account and confirm your notification preferences.
PSREC will retire its previous text notification system February 29. If you have not updated your information in SmartHub by then, you will no longer receive alerts.
Members who currently have SmartHub accounts will automatically be enrolled to receive notifications via the email address on file. If you must change or add text notifications, you will need to add your cellphone number to your contact information in SmartHub.
- Set Up Your Account in SmartHub – To create a SmartHub account, visit www.psrec.coop and click “Pay Your Bill,” located under the “Services” tab on the homepage. There you will enter your billing account number, last name and email address. Press submit when complete.
- Update/Confirm Your Contact Information – Login to your SmartHub account and under the “My Profile” tab, click on “Update My Billing Address & Contact Information.” There you will be able to make any necessary updates to your contact information. If you have more than one PSREC account, review all of them and update your information, if needed.]
- Add Contact Information for Outage Alerts – To add your contact information to receive outage notifications, click on the “Notifications” tab and choose “Manage Contacts.” Click on “Add E-Mail Contact.”The email associated with your SmartHub account will automatically be added. Click on “Add Phone Contact,” enter the phone number where you would like to receive text message notifications and click the box next to “Receive Text Messages.” Make sure to click the check box before continuing. Press continue to read and confirm the terms and conditions. A verification code will be sent to your phone. You must enter this number in the space provided and press “Save Contact” to finalize.
- Choose Your Notification Preferences – To update your notification preferences in SmartHub, click on the “Notifications” tab. Next, click “Service.” Here you will be able to choose your method of receiving outage notifications and choose what type of outage alerts you would like to receive.
You can receive notifications via email and/or text. Click the drop down to choose the number/email where you would like to recieve the text or email notifications.
What else can you do in SmartHub?
- Pay your bill
- Update your contact information
- View your billing history
- View your usage history
- Enroll in PSREC’s Auto Pay Program • Update payment information
- View outage information and maps • Report power outages