Plumas-Sierra Rural Electric Cooperative Winter Rate Assistance Program
Plumas-Sierra Rural Electric Cooperative (PSREC) is now accepting applications for the 2021 to 2022 Winter Rate Assistance Program (WRAP).
Call or go online for an application today; once approved you can receive a discount on your kilowatt-hour rate during the heating season!
This program is available to PSREC income-qualified members for electric service at their permanent residence in Plumas, Sierra, Lassen, and Washoe counties. Income qualifications and restrictions do apply. Please note, income qualifications have changed.
Call today for an application and program details, (530) 832-4261 or you may access the information on our website.
Resources for Additional Assistance & Emergency Program
Low Income Heating & Energy Assistance & Weatherization Assistance Resources
Worried about high energy bills this winter? You may qualify for heating assistance or home weatherization assistance. Contact your local agency for more information and applications.
Plumas and Sierra Counties
Plumas County Community Development Commission: (530) 283-2466
Lassen Economic Development Corporation: (530) 256-3531
Nevada Home Energy Assistance Program: (530) 684-0730
Personal Crisis and Emergency Assistance Resources
Have you experienced a crisis and need immediate assistance? Please contact the following organizations to find out if help is available. Be sure to communicate with PSREC staff to find out if you can make payment arrangements to ensure your electricity is not disconnected.
Sierra County Family Resource Center: (530) 993-1110
Nevada Home Energy Assistance Crisis Intervention Program: (775) 684-0730
Fast and Free Energy Saving Tips
- Turn down your thermostat.
- Eliminate wasted energy. Turn off lights in unoccupied rooms and unplug unused electronics.
- Turn off kitchen and bath-ventilating fans after they’ve done their job.
- Keep your fireplace damper closed unless a fire is burning to prevent your furnace-heated air from going up the chimney.
- Reduce hot water temperature and shower time. Set your water heater to the “normal” setting or 120º and keep showers as short as possible.