Plumas-Sierra REC Winter Rate Assistance Program
PSREC is now accepting applications for the 2019-2020 Winter Rate Assistance Program (WRAP).
Call or go online for an application today; once approved you can receive a discount on your kilowatt-hour rate during the heating season!
This program is available to PSREC income-qualified members for electric service at their permanent residence in Plumas, Sierra, Lassen and Washoe counties. Income qualifications and restrictions do apply.
Call today for an application and program details, 530-832-4261 or you may access the information on our website at www.psrec.coop.
Resources for Additional Assistance and Emergency Programs:
Low Income Heating and Energy Assistance and Weatherization Assistance Resources.
Worried about high energy bills this win- ter? You may qualify for heating assis- tance or home weatherization assistance. Contact your local agency for more information and applications.
Plumas and Sierra Counties
Plumas County Community Development Commission 530-283-2466
Lassen Economic Development Corporation 530-256-3531
Nevada Home Energy Assistance Program 775-684-0730
Personal Crisis and Emergency Assistance Resources
Have you experienced a crisis and need immediate assistance? Please contact the
following organizations to find out if help is available. Be sure to communicate with PSREC staff to find out if you can make payment arrangements to ensure that your electricity is not disconnected.
Plumas Crisis and Intervention 530-283-5515
Portola Family Resource Center 530-832-1827
Fort Sage Family Resource Center 530-827-3007
The Salvation Army Social Service Center 530-257-0314
Sierra County Family Resource Center 530-993-1110
Nevada Home Energy Assistance Crisis Intervention Program 775-684-0730
Fast and Free Energy Saving Tips
• Turn down your thermostat.
• Eliminate wasted energy. Turn off lights in unoccupied rooms and unplug unused electronics.
• Turn off kitchen and bath-ventilating fans after they’ve done their job.
• Keep your fireplace damper closed unless a fire is burning to prevent your furnace-heated air from going up the chimney.
• Reduce hot water temperature and shower time. Set your water heater to the “normal” setting or 120F and keep showers as short as possible.