Invested in the Community
Concern for Community is one of the guiding principles of Plumas- Sierra Rural Electric Cooperative and its subsidiary, Plumas-Sierra Telecommunications.
Cooperative employees—your neighbors, friends and family—devote time to a variety of programs, building relationships and community partnerships.
In late 2018, employees and members donated more than $2,000 to victims of the Camp Fire in Paradise. Special thanks to member Kim Torri for delivering the items.
Here are some of the other ways PSREC, PST and their employees contribute to local communities:
- Sponsor youth programs, including the National Rural Electric Cooperative Youth Tour, sending one local student each year on an all-expenses-paid trip to Washington, D.C.
- Sponsor Christmas stockings for local children at the Portola Christmas Tree Lighting Celebration.
- Offer $1,000 scholarships to local students who are members of PSREC or customers of PST, with no upper age limit
- Participate in local chambers and economic development groups.
- Coach local sports teams.
- Host food, toy and coat drives in November and December.
- Participate in safe trick-or-treat events.
- Participate in Adopt-A-Highway cleanups throughout the year at the Graeagle Park & Ride.
- Volunteer time at parades and community events, including golf tournaments, marathons, bike races, concerts and fundraisers.
- Present electric education and safety awareness programs in schools and various children’s groups.
- Buy, cook and serve food at community dinners.
If PSREC and PST can help your group improve our community, please call the member services department at 530-832-4261.