Thank you for your interest in employment at Plumas-Sierra Rural Electric Cooperative. When we have a job opportunity, it will be posted below under the Job Opportunities header.
Plumas-Sierra Rural Electric Cooperative (PSREC), located in Portola, California, is a member-owned electric distribution utility providing electrical power and related services to more than 7,700 member/owners in Plumas, Lassen, and Sierra counties in California and portions of Washoe County in Nevada. We are a true cooperative, controlled by the membership through an elected seven-person board of directors.
Telecommunication services are offered through our wholly owned subsidiary, Plumas-Sierra Telecommunications.
Our goal is to provide services with a high level of reliability for fair and reasonable costs. We are also dedicated to improving the quality of life of our member-owners, customers, and our local communities.
The working conditions are the best of both worlds. We offer excellent benefits including generous vacation and sick leave, competitive pension, and 401k, while also allowing for personal growth and career advancement. We have a progressive work environment and a diverse workforce. We encourage community involvement.
Plumas County is part of the Lost Sierra, the northern part of the Sierra Nevada—it has all the beauty of the Sierra Nevada, while being uncrowded, affordable, and offering great quality of life.
With year-round activities, this is a great place for individuals and families of all ages. Lake Tahoe is a short drive away. We are also close to Reno, with its expanding tech presence and a growing arts and recreation scene.
The area offers limitless outdoor recreational activities including golfing, hiking, backpacking, mountain biking, cycling, snowshoeing, cross country skiing, fishing, hunting and is an hour away from various world class skiing destinations and only minutes from multiple lakes and rivers.
PLUMAS SIERRA REC
JOB DESCRIPTION: Plant/Work Order Clerk
Union Job Title: WORK ORDER CLERK/ACCOUNTING AIDE I
Reports to: MANAGER OF ACCOUNTING
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Plant/Work Order Clerk provides accurate accounting for work orders and material assuring accurate and current property, plant and other related accounting functions in accordance with RUS and related regulatory agency regulations and accounting standards. Provides backup assistance to other departmental accounting functions and positions as necessary or assigned.
OBJECTIVES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES (Summary)
Plant/Work Order Accounting – The preparation of accurate and timely accounting records of the Cooperative and subsidiary plant account activities, in accordance with standard accounting practices and principles.
- Monitors work order progress and completion.
- Monitors charges made to work orders for appropriateness and investigates questionable transactions.
- Completes work order closing process in the accounting software, ensuring work order costs appear reasonable and spread correctly to the various plant accounts.
- Monitors Aid in Construction, ensuring accurate amounts are billed and collected.
- Unitizes large transmission and substation work orders to ensure appropriate entries are recorded in the general ledger and continuing property records.
- Verifies accuracy of continuing property records to physical assets where appropriate.
- Ensures retired items are eliminated correctly from the continuing property records and general ledger accounts.
- Establishes and maintains procedures for general plant additions and retirements to ensure items are tracked properly.
- Completes depreciation processes and maintains appropriate depreciation rates and records.
- Completes special equipment summaries of purchased equipment.
- Updates cost data for use in estimating project costs.
Other Tasks – Performs additional tasks related to planning and reporting changes in utility and general plant of the Cooperative and subsidiary.
- Completes progress reports on capital expenditure, construction budgets and construction work plans.
- Completes various monthly and annual reports related to total utility plant.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Associate Degree in Accounting is desirable but not required
- Strong Excel skills along with other Microsoft Office products
- Prior experience in direct accounting with similar or same duties involved with the position as related to standard general accounting applications
- Must have the ability to organize work, plan tasks and assignments effectively, problem solve and communicate solutions and related information and regulations efficiently.
- Must have strong and accurate mathematical abilities and capable of performing tasks with a high degree of accuracy. Must have ability to communicate clearly in verbal and written form and capable of communicating clearly.
Please note: This is a Union (IBEW Local 1245), non-exempt position
Starting wage is $24.27/hr.
How to Apply:
To apply please submit a resume, cover letter and PSREC Application for Employment to email@example.com or by mail to:
Plumas Sierra REC
ATTN: Suzanne Powers
73233 State Route 70
Portola, CA 96122
Application Deadline: September 28, 2018 (or until filled)
PSREC & Plumas-Sierra Telecommunications are equal opportunity providers and employers.
If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form. You may also find the form at any USDA office or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. Alternately, you may write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by fax to (202) 690-7442, or by mail to:
Director, Office of Adjudication
U.S. Department of Agriculture
1400 Independence Ave SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410