The Plumas-Sierra Rural Electric Cooperative (PSREC) website, Facebook, and Twitter sites (electronic communication sites) have been developed to improve communications and customer service. Use of these electronic communication sites by the public is voluntary and subject to State and Federal laws. The following policies also apply:
- The PSREC electronic communication sites are maintained to provide access to PSREC information. While PSREC attempts to keep its information accurate and timely, PSREC neither warrants nor makes representations or endorsements as to quality, content, accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, hyperlinks, and other items contained on these sites. Materials have been compiled from a variety of sources, and are subject to change without notice from PSREC as a result of updates and corrections. Otherwise, legally permissible commercial use of the electronic material is prohibited without the written notice of PSREC.
- The PSREC electronic communication sites and all material contained on them are transmitted "as is" without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, including without limitations, warranties of title or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. PSREC is not responsible for any special, indirect, incidental or consequential damages that may arise from the use of, or the inability to use, the sites and/or the materials contained on the sites whether the materials contained on the site are provided by PSREC, or a third party.
- The PSREC electronic communication sites may contain links to external sites which are not under the control of PSREC, and PSREC is not responsible for the content of any hyperlinked site or any link contained in a hyperlink site. The presence of these hyperlinks should not be construed as an endorsement by PSREC of these sites or their content. PSREC is not responsible for the content of any such external hyperlink.
- The materials on the PSREC electronic communication sites are copyrighted and any unauthorized use of any material on this site may violate copyright, trademark and other laws. All service marks and trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners. Any commercial use of the materials stored on the PSREC electronic communication sites is prohibited without the written permission of PSREC. PSREC retains copyright on all text, graphic images, and other content.
- Communications made through PSREC’s electronic communication sites shall in no way be deemed to constitute legal notice to PSREC or any of its officials, officers, employees, agents or representatives, with respect to any existing or potential claim or cause of action against PSREC or any of its officials, officers, employees, agents, or representatives, where notice to PSREC is required by any federal, state, or local laws, rules or regulations.
- The PSREC electronic communication sites are subject to the California Public Records Act and other laws. Any content related to PSREC business, including a list of subscribers and posted communication (with certain exceptions), is a public record and may be disclosed pursuant to a request for public records. Information posted by the public, including private messages, may also be considered a public record and subject to California Public Records Act and other laws. Any articles and any other content posted or submitted for posting may be or are subject to public disclosure upon request.
- www.psrec.coop is the official PSREC website. http://twitter.com/PlumasSierraREC is the official PSREC Twitter account. http://facebook.com/PlumasSierraREC is the official Facebook page of PSREC.
- Visitors to PSREC’s electronic communication sites are notified that the intended purpose of the sites is to serve as a means of communication between PSREC and members of the public. Site articles, posts and comments deemed to contain any of the following forms of content shall not be allowed and shall be removed as soon as possible:
+ Profane Language or Content
+ Sexual content or links to sexual content
+ Content that promotes, fosters or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation or upon any other basis prohibited by applicable law
+ Solicitations of commerce
+ Conduct or encouragement of illegal activity
+ Information that may comprise the safety or security of the public or public systems
+ Content that violates a legal ownership interest of any person
+ Any content that is deemed to violate State or Federal laws
- Posts on PSREC’s electronic communication sites will be deleted if they were made in error, are substantially incorrect, or against policy. Repeat violators may be blocked from the site.
- Please be aware that, when the public posts to PSREC social media sites, PSREC disclaims any and all responsibility and liability for any and all content in such posts, including materials that PSREC deems inappropriate for posting, which cannot be removed in an expeditious and otherwise timely manner.
- The PSREC electronic communication sites will generally be updated during regular business hours (Monday – Friday, 8AM – 5PM), unless in an emergency. Every attempt will be made to respond promptly to questions and inquiries. If an immediate response in needed, please contact PSREC directly.
- The public should not include any confidential personal information (such as account numbers, financial information, etc.) in any posts or electronic communications.
Our Commitment to Your Privacy and Security
Your privacy is important to us. PSREC has created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate its firm commitment to privacy and the security of your personal information. The following information explains our policy regarding any personal information you may supply to us when visiting PSREC electronic communication sites.
PSREC’s goal in collecting personal information electronically is to provide our customers and the public with the most effective service possible. By understanding your needs and preferences, PSREC will be in a better position to provide you with improved service. Our goal is to protect your electronic information in the same manner that we protect citizen and business information obtained through other means.
Personally Identifiable Information We Collect
Personal information we collect from you and store in our databases / servers:
1. Your first and last name
2. Your email address
3. Your phone number
What We Do to Secure Your Information
We store your personal information in databases in servers located behind a firewall in order to protect against the unauthorized access to, or the compromise of, information contained on our servers.
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
However, you should know that in the present technological environment, no security measures are perfect, and that neither PSREC, nor any other Internet site, can fully eliminate these security risks.
Should there be an unauthorized access or suspected compromise of your personal information on our servers, we will immediately notify you through a written letter or other means so that you will be able to quickly take steps to prevent possible identity theft.
On certain occasions, we may request your email address for purposes of correspondence or for PSREC business. PSREC will not share email addresses with anyone outside the Cooperative or disclose user information to any third party, unless done so pursuant to applicable law, including but not limited to the California Public Records Act or under a court order.
PSREC does not release any information about the collection of IP addresses to any third party except as required by law. PSREC's website archives web server log files in order to create aggregate statistical reports, detect errors at the website, and implement security protocols. Aggregate reports about website visitors are generated. These reports do not contain any personally identifiable information. The web log files are eventually deleted.
In the future, PSREC may use the personal data provided online to send you information about PSREC’s services and upcoming activities. We will neither sell nor provide your personal information for any other direct mail activities, unless under court order.
Other Electronic Communcation Sites
PSREC’s electronic communication sites may contain links to other electronic communication sites; PSREC is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such electronic communication sites.
Contacting PSREC Electronic Communication Sites