To help keep our operating costs low, we ask some members to read their own meter. By reading your meter on a consistent basis, you'll help keep your bills consistent and avoid the shock of a large bill caused by estimated readings.
NOTICE: Please report your meter reading before noon on the 25th of each month.
Ways to report your reading:
- Through E-Bill. Set up your account with a user name and password. You can then log in and select the 'Enter Meter Readings' option from the menu.
- Mail it to us with your bill payment in the space provided on the return stub.
- Call us at (530) 832-4261 or (800) 555-2207 and speak with one of our custome service representatives, or leave it in a voice message at extension 6061. Be sure to also provide your account number and the date the reading was taken.
- Email the reading, along with your account number
and the date the reading was taken,
- No matter how you report the reading, remember to provide your name, your account/service number, the date you read the meter, and your meter reading.
- For customers reading their meters, please read your meter on the same day each month, so your bills will be more consistent.
- If we do not receive a meter reading by the end of the month, your bill will be estimated based on historical averages.
How do you read an electric meter?
There are two types of electric meters on the PSREC system, digital and analog (dial) meters. The most commonly used type is the digital meter. Digital meters display usage with a series of numbers that look very much like the odometer reading on your car. To read this type of meter, simply record the numbers displayed.
Analog meters have a series of dials on the front. Each dial has a pointer that indicates a certain number. When reading an analog meter, record the number on each dial in the same order the dials appear on the face of the meter from left to right. If the pointer on a dial is between two numbers, use the lower number.